Lincoln's Ghost Walk
Legends & Lore
This 90-minute lantern lit walk uses the Lincoln sites as the backdrop for the strange and bizarre stories surrounding Lincoln’s life and his death; Lincoln’s bizarre dreams of death, Spiritualism and seances in the White House, skullduggery at the tomb site! This is a factual history tour that includes the ghostly lore surrounding the Lincoln’s. Not scary, suitable for all ages. ADA
March 3rd – October 31st
Tuesday through Saturday nights at 7:30pm
Groups are free to join in on this tour time, just give us a call so we know that you’re coming.
#1 Old State Capitol Plaza South, or corner of 6th and Adams St.
$8 kids 7-17
6 adult minimum required for tours to operate.
"Please do not beg the tour guide to give the tour anyway if there’s not enough. We cannot properly pay your tour guide if the minimum is not met."
Note: Due to COVID, we are only allowed to have 9 tour participants on each tour, therefore we now require tour reservations. Please text 217-502-8687 to secure your tour spot. Pay on arrival, exact change please.
- Video recording is not permitted on any tour and posting of on-line video is subject to entertainment rights and law. No video recording please. Take all the pictures you like.
- Use of cell phone is discouraged on tour, feel free to step away from the group.
- Smoking/vaping is also discouraged on tour, feel free to step away from the group.
- Parents please keep your children at your side, especially crossing streets.
- Arrive early for your tour, we do not wait for late arrivals.
- Tours do not operate in heavy rain, lightening, or incoming dangerous weather.
This tour has been rated as the 3rd best activity to do in Springfield by the New York Times and has become a “must do” while in town.
This tour is in high demand
Disclaimer: Travelers Rest Tours has a solid reputation and we’re known for being the best in town. That’s because we work hard to manage the logistics of several different tours and guide services with knowledgeable and professional tour guides. HOWEVER, despite our best efforts circumstances change throughout the year and can create unforeseen problems operating the tour business. We do our best to overcome and adapt when these unexpected problems arise; weather can create difficulties, street closures, ill guides, for example. We kindly ask for your patience and understanding when we are unable to overcome an issue. It is not always possible to overcome an issue, no matter our effort. We do not like to disappoint our customers and we’re receptive to constructive feedback or find an amicable solution. We love to hear compliments as well!